If you are planning to start an online store then you might have come across various eCommerce platforms available in the market. Shopify, Woocommerce, Magento, Bigcommerce, etc are the leading and best eCommerce platforms used by leading companies around the world.
By looking at the results you might get confused between which platform to select for building an eCommerce website. Hosted platforms like Shopify or a self-hosted application like Magento or WooCommerce. Not only you but today many businesses are finding it hard to select the best eCommerce platform for their online store.
Our agency has been building and serving e-commerce websites for the past 4 years and our experts always recommend using woocommerce in the initial phase of selling. Woocommerce reliability and flexibility make it the best eCommerce platform for all types of business.
So in the article, we are going to discuss why you should choose WooCommerce as your eCommerce platform and how it can help you in selling and managing your products online.
Why use WooCommerce as your e-store builder?
Compared to other e-commerce platforms woocommerce responsive design, Seo Friendly interface, and advanced features make it the most widely used eCommerce platform in the world. More than 26% of the leading e-commerce website uses woocommerce for their online store.
WooCommerce built-in features make the purchase process easy and stress-free for customers.
Woocommerce flexibility allows the seller to customize and modify everything from product placement to customizing the whole storefront. It is a cost-effective platform compatible with the world-leading CMS platform WordPress. There are lots of advances built-in features like pre-installed payment gateway, geolocation support, advance inventory management, easy tax calculation and many more that make it the best eCommerce platform in the market.
With the increase in the number of e-commerce applications, business owners are confused between selecting the best eCommerce platform that provides the best eCommerce application. But WooCommrce has emerged as the most flexible eCommerce platform with an advanced application that can produce quantified results for your e-store.
Tips on creating an attractive and beautiful e-store for your customer
For converting an e-store visitor into a potential customer, it is important to build an enticing eCommerce website.
Because your sales start after a user visits your website. Most of the companies lose their valuable customers due to their unoptimized website and unappealing e-store.
By using WordPress and WooCommerce you can create an appealing and revenue-generating website for your business.
- Pick a persuasive design for your online store. An attractive design engage your audience and encourage them to explore more about your products and business.
- Customize your online storefront. Our development team always recommends using WooCommerce due to its advanced customization features. Using woocommerce you can edit every part of your eCommerce website i.e from customizing your homepage layout to each and every aspect of your website. You can also create a custom “Buy Now” button to make it stand out from others. This type of practice increases the conversion rate and sales of your business.
- Tell users about the importance of your product. If you are looking to connect your product to users then highlight the importance of your product through content. Use the builtin blogs in woocommerce to publish the quality content to build awareness about your product. You can integrate your e-commerce with the world’s leading XMS Platform to publish quality content.
- Add product link and shortcode in your blog post. To increase the sale of your web-store try to include product shortcodes and links in your blog post. Or you can create a landing page that can redirect your user to check out page. These are the essential parts of a top-performing online store.
- Categorize your products and add tags and attribute in it. For a conversion-centric e-commerce store, it is important to categorize the product and define the product tag. This type of practice helps users to navigate your product easily without any confusion. You can also add attributes like size, clour, and patterns to ensure that you visit finds the right product.
- Add short and filter options in your woocommerce store. It is not necessary that your customers will like all the products you sell. That’s why it is important to add short and filter options to ensure that your customer can short the product depending on pricing, delivery date, rating, popularity and newness to find the right product for them.
- Highlight Product reviews and ratings. It plays an important role in encouraging the customer to click on the “Buy” button. Most of the time people check reviews and ratings to know the quality and performance of the products. And showing this feedback with verified owner labels can persuade the user to buy your product.
- Don’t forget to add multiple images of your product. Image is the essential aspect of an e-store product. Without image, no one is going to buy your product. So, try to add multiple and exact images of the products to convince your customer to buy the product. And always try to add maximum products in your store to give your user more buying options.
Woocommerce creates a hassle-free selling experience for the store owners
Every online store aims at selling the maximum number of products to users and Woocommerce builtin features and functionality make it the best eCommerce platform to sell any product online flawlessly. With the advance, e-store management and enticing storefront woocommerce service will help you in creating a customer-friendly e-commerce website.
- Pre-installed payment gateway option from leading providers. Woocommerce allows the store owner to accept payment via Stripe and Paypal. It also allows users to pay through debit cards, credit cards, bank transfer, and Cash On Delivery. Its secure payment gateway makes it the best e-commerce platform to use.
- Updating product details becomes easier. Woocomerce advance feature allows the store owner to upload product name, details, description, price, etc easily using CSV files. So you can edit larege amount of products in Excel, for example, and then upload them all in one step in your online store.
- Woocommerce provides geolocation support. Using geolocation you can auto-detect your customer’s location using their IP. There are chances that few products and categories in your cart can’t be delivered to a particular stare, region or country. So, you can restrict pages, products, and categories depending on the users country and region.
- Different shipping options for users. Woocommerce allows you to provide various shipping options like a pickup from nearby stores, local delivery or international shipping. You can restrict your shipping option depending on the user’s location.
- Advance Woocommerce shipping rates. Using the advance shipping method you can set up shipping cost depending on the website of the product. Woocommerce also allows you to decide shipping cost depending on the category, product, variation. And you can offer free shipping for the nearby areas depending on your terms and policies.
- Through WooCommerce you can automatically calculate taxes. Most of the online stores face problems related to taxes but woocommerce has made it easy for you to start up taxes and tax rates for your online store.
Manage your online orders and customers to enhance user- experience.
- Enable guests to check out for your online store. It is not necessary that every user will show interest in creating an account for buying your products. So, its recommended to enable guests checkout to make your online store products accessible to all types of users.
- Offer a one-click refund for returned products. Online stores are all about easing user experience and woocommerce one-click return features can allow the users to get an instant refund for returned products. You can manage it through the woocommerce dashboard.
- Inventory management. It is one of the basic requirements for every online store and business owners spend a lot of money on managing their stock. But WooCommerce’s unique and popular inventory management system allows you to track stock level and updated report stock after refund and purchase. WooCommerce inventory management allows you to get notification about low or running out-of-stock products. And its built-up management automatically hides an out of stock product from the store.
- Order management. Using woocommerce order management you can track all the details from receiving the order to dispatching it to the customer. Woocommerce allows you to add customer notes, edit stock manually, mark items you ship[ped and manage the fulfillment process.
- Using woocommerce you can send email notification related to the product that your customer recently purchased. Its built-in feature also allows you to send email notification related to product receipt and shipping updates.
Optimizing your online store to make your website more conversion-centric
Woocommerce advanced built-in features and plugins allow the store owners to connect with audiences. And optimizing the e-store creates a hassle-free buying and selling experience. Our Los Angeles e-commerce website design company focuses on creating an attractive and optimized e-commerce website that can enhance user and seller experience.
- Make your online store SEO-friendly. Woocommerce is only compatible with WordPress and WordPress is considered to be the best SEO friendly CMS platform in the market. You can further do the SEO to rank your website on the top in SERP to get better results and high organic traffic.
- Highlight related products on your eCommerce website. Every successful eCommerce website recommends related products to the customers. Because these types of practice encourage them to explore more products on your website. And if any customer finds the product effective they will not hesitate in buying the product.
- Always recommend top-performing products to your customers. You can use widget to showcase your top-performing products, recently viewed products, and products on sale. These types of practices can surge your business revenue and attract more lucrative leads on your e-commerce website.
- Setup Woocommerce built-in features and dashboard. Its advanced features allow sellers to get detailed reports on sales, refunds, and coupons. Through the WordPress dashboard, you can get the status of how your woocommerce store is performing.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does WooCommerce really cost?
Installing and activating WooCommerce plugins in WordPress is free. In addition, you have to pay some charges for the extra plugins and extensions that you add for your e-commerce website. Charges may vary from $0 to $200 depending on the requirement.
2. Is Shopify better than WooCommerce?
Shopify and WooCommerce both are the leading and best e-commerce platforms available in the market. Woocomerce flexibility and free installation on WordPress make it the most widely used eCommerce platform in the world.
3. How long does it take to set up the WooCommerce store?
A basic WooCommerce store setup may take 8 to 12 days. Woocommerce and plugin installation and activation for 2 days. 7-8 days for designing responsive and attractive e-commerce websites and 2 days for installing shipping policies and extra payment gateways.
4. How do I import products and images in woocommerce?
- Navigate to the woocommerce in dashboard
- Under woocommerce click on CSV Import Suite
- Select Import product on the top bar
- Click on export variations
5. How to add product details in WooCommerce?
- Navigate to products in dashboard
- Click on add new product
- Mention the title and description of the product
- Scroll down and navigate to Product data on the same page
- Select the product downloadable(digital) or virtual(service). Depending on your choice
- Enter product data and details
- Click on publish and update
6. What are the best payment gateways for a woocommerce store?
- Amazon Pay