Multichannel sales offer a fantastic way to reach more customers by expanding your reach. To do so, you have to integrate your store with marketplaces like eBay and Amazon, Etsy and Walmart, among others.
As far as marketplaces go, eBay and Amazon are among the biggest. In this post, we want to examine why selling on these marketplaces would be beneficial for your store. Our real focus, however, is on solutions that allow you to implement this type of integration in your store.
The benefits of connecting eBay and Amazon to WooCommerce
With traditional selling, your products and sales are hosted and processed on your website. While many retailers are successful at this, you need to put a lot of effort into your marketing strategy in hopes of driving more traffic to your website and converting that traffic into sales.
With multichannel selling, you have the ability to bypass this marketing requirement and reach not just thousands if not millions of potential customers by accessing the traffic that markets connect to. This is especially true with eBay and Amazon, which are among the largest marketplaces in the world. It doesn't matter what kind of items you sell, because customers ARE looking for it on Amazon and eBay. So why not take advantage of these customers who are already looking for your products?
Advantages and Disadvantages of Selling on eBay and Amazon Marketplaces
eBay.com is one of the most popular websites on the web. It ranks 39th in Alexa's Global Site Rankings and receives approximately 1 billion visits each month, according to SimilarWeb.
This is the customer base you can potentially reach by listing your products on eBay and Amazon. Some retailers sell exclusively through these channels. But most use these marketplaces as an additional source of income on top of the products they are already selling directly from their website. Simply put, Amazon and eBay have global traffic and marketing reach that you can't replicate on your own standalone site.
The order fulfillment infrastructure is another reason why sellers list on Amazon in particular. Using Amazon Fulfillment gives you access to Amazon's extensive fulfillment infrastructure, allowing you to quickly and safely deliver orders to the customer without having to worry about all the associated hassles that come with picking, packing, and handling. shipping your orders. Amazon also allows you to keep stock in international fulfillment centers, giving you access to international customers.
Despite the huge amount of traffic coming to Amazon and eBay, if you're selling a popular staple product, it can be difficult to get your products noticed on these sites. This is due to how crowded each space can become as a result of each market's steady growth over the years and the increasing number of third-party sellers listing their products. This is less of an issue if you are selling a unique product, as you can control how many other dealers are selling your product.
You will also be subject to the vendor fees of each market. Fees vary on eBay . Normally, the list in categories costs 0.35€ if you have more than 50 products. You will also pay a fee of no more than 10% on each sale. If you sell more than 40 items on Amazon, you will need to pay a monthly subscription of 39€ plus a fee for each sale you make.
One of the biggest potential downsides to selling on eBay and Amazon is the ability for these companies to terminate your account for a variety of different reasons, including issues unrelated to fraud or illegal activity. Some sellers have received negative reviews and find their accounts canceled quickly.
Even a simple mistake like trying to open a merchant account in a household that already has one can get you kicked off the platform. Sure, you have the option to appeal your case and reinstate your account, but it's a long and arduous process that requires saying the right things to the right people. So be careful.
But for most investments and the potential risks are worth it, as the rewards can be great.
Selro is a multi-channel selling solution that integrates with one of the largest collections of e-Commerce platform integrations available in the industry.
It also offers one of the largest collections of sales channels for you to integrate your store with, two dozen to be exact. They include everything from eBay and Amazon to channels like Walmart, Etsy, Rakuten, Tesco, Wish, and more.
- Create listings and apply changes to a channel that sync with additional channels automatically in real time.
- Manage your inventory efficiently and avoid overselling with automatic stock updates that sync across channels.
- Manage cross-channel orders in one central location.
- Print shipping labels and fulfill orders with your preferred courier.
- Integrate accounting software to manage your reports.
- Large collection of channels to integrate your store.
- Manage eBay customer messages from the Selro dashboard.
- The basic plan allows unlimited channels and products.
Online Store that sells!
Do you need a redesign or a new website for selling online?
Complete solution for retail and wholesale. Great UX/UI designers, experienced programmers and high emphasis on testing. If you are looking for a professional partner for your business in the online world, contact us!
- No refunds.
Pricing and support
Prices start at 99€ per month and a 14-day free trial is available. Along with unlimited channels and products, you are allowed up to 5000 orders per month with this plan and given access to all features.
Support is available via email, chat, and phone.
Veeqo is a multi-channel sales tool founded by a store owner who found it difficult to manage product listings and orders across multiple marketplaces. Store owner Matt Warren created Veeqo in 2013 as a solution to his own problem.
Veeqo integrates with all major e-commerce platforms and supports nine sales channels including eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and Walmart.
- Manage all your inventory in one place, including synchronized stock, multi-warehouse routing, and vendors.
- Keep an eye on customer orders, returns, bulk orders, and revenue from multiple channels in one place.
- The included warehouse management software allows you to organize your inventory and locate products instantly.
- Print shipping labels, integrate your account with shipping couriers, and track packages.
- Fantastic option for stores with large inventories.
- Wide selection of sales channels and shipping messaging to integrate.
- Integrates with accounting software to help you manage income and expenses.
- Available helpdesk software integrations.
- Some integrations, like QuickBooks, cost extra.
- Support is only available during normal business hours, which is disappointing to see on such an expensive service.
Pricing and support
Plans are based on the features you need, while each plan is priced based on the number of orders you process. Processing up to 500 orders per month through Veeqo costs 195€ per month with the cheapest plan.
This plan only allows you to integrate your store with three sales channels. Some features, like warehouse management, are only available at much higher and more expensive tiers.
Support is available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is offered by email, live chat and phone.
WP Lab is a WordPress developer that offers a collection of products focused on eCommerce. This includes their multi-channel selling products, WP-Lister for eBay and WP-Lister for Amazon.
These products are offered separately, but integrate seamlessly when installed in the same location. Both also come in premium and free versions.
- Create new products for eBay and Amazon from WooCommerce.
- Match titles, SKUs, and other details to attribute mapping.
- Category map for each channel.
- Sync sales, stock and more.
- Adjust Amazon product prices based on the lowest price for similar products.
- It works in the WordPress dashboard.
- No monthly plans. You only have to pay an annual fee for each plugin to continue receiving support and updates.
- No order limits.
- Competitive price
- eBay and Amazon management are offered as two separate plugins.
- No shipping management features.
Pricing and support
You can get started with WP-Lister for eBay and WP-Lister for Amazon for free. These versions only allow you to list products. If you want sync, the ability to upload product images to channels, and priority support, you'll need the Pro versions.
These are available for 149€ each and come with a year of support and updates. Support is available by email.
ExportFeed is a simpler multi-channel selling solution than the other options on this list. While the others may include shipping and inventory management features, ExportFeed is uniquely designed to upload your product feed to multiple merchants.
It supports the largest eCommerce platforms out there, as well as a long list of sales channels. These include everything from eBay and Amazon to Etsy, Google, Facebook, Gifts.com, and more.
- Connect your store to more than 40 merchants.
- Integrate your products seamlessly with an attribute mapping feature.
- Map categories as well.
- Product changes, including inventory and stock, are automatically synced to feeds on a schedule you set yourself.
- An easy way to get started with multi-channel selling.
- Wide collection of merchants to sell.
- Advanced inventory management is not available.
- Shipping features not available.
Pricing and support
Pricing starts at 29€ per month if you want access to all merchants, but access to a single merchant, such as eBay or Amazon, is available at 99€ per year per merchant.
Support is available via email and chat.